Incident Delay Estimation and Associate Benefits
The objectives of this project are:
- Develop a tool that estimates incident delay and queue length in real-time based on TSS detector data and output incident delay in a text file for use by SunGuide software modules (e.g., for the information to be disseminated using DMS or 511 subsystems).
- Verify the accuracy of the estimated delay by the developed software.
- Produce a video that displays the impacts of an incident incremented on a continuous basis for use to illustrate incident impacts to stakeholders.
- Produce a high level estimates of the benefits of arterial DMS resulting from diversion in case of mainline incidents
- Produce an estimate of the benefits of sharing TMC information with other agencies.