Development of Web FTIS Version 2008
The Public Transit Office of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has continued to develop and update the Florida Transit Information System (FTIS)—a user-friendly software system that was envisioned as a one-stop shop for transit planning information in Florida. The development of FTIS started with two major component programs: (1) the Integrated National Transit Database Analysis System (INTDAS), which is a database system designed for easy retrieval and analysis of multiple years of the National Transit Database (NTD) from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA); and (2) the Florida Transit Geographic Information System (FTGIS), which is a standalone GIS system customized for transit planning for Florida's transit systems. Both component programs were originally developed on the desktop platform and were distributed via CDs and web download. The final CD distribution, for version 2006, was released in October 2006.
The purpose of this project is mainly to continue to develop and maintain the web version of INTDAS and FTGIS. Specifically, this project aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Update INTDAS to include the complete 2005 and 2006 NTD data.
- Update the GIS data layers in FTGIS.
- Develop the remaining FTIS functions not implemented in the first-year conversion effort.
- Update a spreadsheet summary for key variables for Florida's transit systems.
- Continue to maintain the overall FTIS project, including updating the website, providing technical support to users, updating on-line help facilities, etc.